The Website is owned and operated by Sc Study Hun Srl. / Oradea,Facliei str. Nr.3. Postcode: 410 181, Romania / (“Study Abroad Hungary”)- representative is Sandor Bone .
Study Abroad Hungary is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Study Abroad Hungary – Sc Study Hun Srl. / Oradea,Facliei str. Nr.3. Postcode: 410 181, Romania /-
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data – what you can ask easily with sending such request email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with contact form on the website
- Phone No.
- The name of the course you are interested in
These information is collected only for the purpose of a correspondence between You and Us to give us the opportunity to give you every information regarding your interest, application procedure,the universities we represent so all the information we can provide you for your successful application. Nationality is required for the purpose, that we are entitled to deal only with British, Irish and French applications so in case of other nationality we inform you that we don’t keep your data and we won’t deal with your application.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, the browser and technical equipment you use etc…. This information is used to improve your customer experience / for example switch to mobile friendly mode if you visit our site with your mobile/ . When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Information collected for our partners / like application form, required documents, etc…/
Certain data information and documents are required to be given by you to us for the purpose of your university application. These data and documents will be given, transferred, shared to our university partners. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you.
- to identify you;
- registering you at our university partners;
- helping you for a successful application to our university partners;
- providing you information and services that you have requested;
- communicating with you in relation to your application to the university you make application;
- communicating and interacting with you;
- notifying you of changes to any services;
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under contract with our university partners;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 8 years
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our University partners:
University of Debrecen – Coordinating Center for International Education
- Address: H-4032 Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt. 98, Hungary
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone:+36 52 258-058
- Fax: +36 52 414 013
- Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9.00 am-12.30 pm; Tuesday, Thursday: 12.30 pm-16.00 pm
University of Veterinary Medicine – Secretariat of International Study Programs
- H-1400 Budapest, P.O.Box 2, Hungary (1078 Budapest, István u. 2.)
- Phone: (+36 1) 4784-106 (German: 4784-116, or -267) or (+36 1) 4784-100 (central)
- Fax: (+36 1) 4784-117 or (+36 1) 4784-101 (central)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We only work with university partners who we have legal contract with and are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it for example accountancy.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We keep your data on an external drive what only a designated person have access to. We use iThemes Security to protect our website and for the computer, laptop which has an access to the external drive has protected with AVG Antivirus, Malwarebytes and Windows Firewall.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Details are given by the official website of the European Commission- Data Protection Authorities on the date 22-05-2018.
Any changes can be checked on their website http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing
President: Mrs Ancuţa Gianina Opre
B-dul Magheru 28-30
Sector 1, BUCUREŞTI
Tel. +40 21 252 5599
Fax +40 21 252 5757
Art 29 WP Member: Ms Ancuţa Gianina OPRE, President of the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing
Art 29 WP Alternate Member: Ms Raluca POPA, Department of International Affairs
Art 29 WP Member: Ms Elizabeth DENHAM, Information Commissioner
Art 29 WP Alternate Member: Mr Steve WOOD, Deputy Commissioner
Data Protection Commissioner
Lo-Call: 1890 25 22 31
Tel. +353 57 868 4800
Fax +353 57 868 4757
Art 29 WP Member: Ms Helen DIXON, Data Protection Commissioner
Art 29 WP Alternate Members: Mr John O’DWYER, Deputy Commissioner; Mr Dale SUNDERLAND, Deputy Commissioner
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL
8 rue Vivienne, CS 30223
F-75002 Paris, Cedex 02
Tel. +33 1 53 73 22 22
Fax +33 1 53 73 22 00
Art 29 WP Member: Ms Isabelle FALQUE-PIERROTIN, President of CNIL
Art 29 WP Alternate Member: Ms Florence RAYNAL
Last modification was made 22-05-2018.